Friday, February 1, 2008

ALL ABOUT CHINESE NEW YEAR POMELO

POMELO IS FAMOUS AS A GIFT FOR CHINESE NEW YEAR OTHER THAN BAK KWA



Took this pomelo back from Ipoh on 23rd and it is about 10 days after plucking from the tree. It is quite heavy and weighs about 2.8 kg and now the pomelo has a light green rind that becomes mostly yellow when fully ripe. So what I did was I cut the skin into half and start peeling it off from the skin. The interior of the fruit is a coral pink and so it is consider fully ripe.. let me show you how I cut it in the easiest way.


cut the pomelo's skin into half and start peeling


nearly finish taking off already. Left a little bit of work only


taraa.. it is done and I put back in it's skin. haha looks nice yar.


a better and clearer picture of it in half of the skin like putting in a bowl


can see the colour of the pomelo flesh? It is coral pink in colour and it looks like giant grapefruit right!! no wonder it is known as Chinese Grapefruit. No wonder pomelo has sweet flesh and thick spongy rind. Though I dont' really fancy this fruit but I still eat it because of it' juicy-ness. In Malaysia Ipoh is famous of Tambun Pomeloes so do visit Ipoh during this coming festival.






1 comments :

Fiona said...

i go and eat pomelo now

Online Visitors

Thank you for dropping by